This page collects cloud-related documentation and tools on other Nordic Semiconductor sites.
Additional nRF Cloud documentation¶
This section contains links to other documentation sets directly related to nRF Cloud.
nRF Cloud REST APIs¶
nRF Cloud device message and shadow protocols¶
The nRF Cloud application-protocols project is an important reference if you want to know more about the JSON schemas for device messages and their shadows in nRF Cloud.
nRF Connect SDK¶
- Using nRF Cloud with the nRF Connect SDK is a landing page that contains a curated list of nRF Cloud-related resources for users of the nRF Connect SDK.
nRF Connect SDK libraries for nRF Cloud¶
- The nRF Cloud library is the primary nRF Connect SDK library for connecting devices to nRF Cloud.
- nRF Cloud REST is an extension of the nRF Cloud library. It is a wrapper to assist in REST-based operations.
- nRF Cloud CoAP library that enables constrained devices to communicate with nRF Cloud over CoAP.
- nRF Cloud Alert and Log libraries that enable and integrate with the alerts and logs feature in nRF Cloud.
- nRF Cloud Device provisioning library that enables devices to use the nRF Cloud Provisioning Service.
- Location Services libraries:
- The Location library adds Location Services to your application, so you can more easily obtain location data.
- The nRF Cloud location library enables applications to submit network information (cellular, nearby Wi-Fi, or both) to nRF Cloud over MQTT to obtain device location.
- nRF Cloud A-GNSS
- nRF Cloud P-GPS
For a full list of samples for nRF91 Series devices, see Cellular samples.
- The nRF Cloud Device Provisioning sample demonstrates secure device provisioning over either HTTP or CoAP.
- The nRF Cloud multi-service sample demonstrates the nRF Cloud, Location, and AT Host libraries working together.
- The nRF Cloud REST Device Message sample demonstrates alerts and logs over REST.
- Firmware over-the-air (FOTA):
- nRF Cloud REST FOTA sample
- Location Services:
This section contains links to documentation related to nRF Cloud-compatible hardware, as well as AT commands and supporting libraries.
nRF9160 Development Kit (DK) and Thingy:91¶
Getting started guides:
nRF9160 AT commands and supporting nRF Connect SDK libraries¶
The nRF9160 AT command documentation provides valuable information about security-related commands:
AT%JWT. Support for this is implemented by the Modem JWT library in the nRF Connect SDK.
nRF9161 Development Kit (DK)¶
- nRF9161 DK product page
This sections contains links to various tools required for the guides in the nRF Cloud documentation.
nRF Connect for Desktop¶
The nRF Connect for Desktop framework includes apps to support development. The following apps are used in nRF Cloud guides:
- nRF Connect Cellular Monitor for device credential management.
- nRF Connect Serial Terminal for AT command support.
- nRF Connect Programmer for updating modem firmware.
- (Legacy) Toolchain Manager for installation of the nRF Connect SDK.
nRF Connect for VS Code¶
nRF Cloud Utilities¶
The nRF Cloud Utils project provides information on how to use AT commands, create device certificates, and more. It includes scripts to generate and inject device credentials, as well as to automate the device onboarding process.
nRF Cloud Utils are compatible with nRF91 Series devices.
nRF91 Device Simulator¶
If you do not have any hardware devices, you can use the nRF91 Device Simulator to create a software device and connect to nRF Cloud. The README for this public repository also has some helpful recipes for working with the REST API.
MQTT Bridge App using Mosquitto¶
See the open-source mqtt-bridge-mosquitto project to learn how you can set up an MQTT bridge between your own AWS account and the nRF Cloud IoT broker in order to store your device messages in real time. This solution uses special device certificate you can obtain for your account.
Apps for gateways¶
The nRF Cloud team provides an open-source nRF Cloud Gateway application (available for Android and iPhone). Using this app, you can create a gateway on your nRF Cloud account and connect Bluetooth® Low Energy peripherals.